Going on an adventure is always lots of fun, but even more so when you can share it with others. BerryLocate now has the ability to create a map with a portion of your daily movements. Very useful for when you want to show someone where you’ve been. It even calculates some stats for your trip such as trip time, trip distance, average speed and a few others.
Using it is also really simple:
- Once logged in, click on the “Share a Trip” link beneath the map. That will take you to a large map showing your total movement for the day.
- Then all you need to do is choose the starting time and ending time.
- When you’re done you can name the trip, and then click on the “Share this Trip” button.
- Copy the URL created and send it to as many people as you’d like.
- Nothing else here, it’s that easy!
Take a look at the following link, that’s me using my bicycle to go visit my son. And yes I know that an average speed of 24.7km/h isn’t much, but you should see these hills! And the traffic was bad, robots out and it was snowing. Ok it wasn’t really snowing… Oh and in case you feel like indulging your stalker tendencies, please note I started the trip and ended the trip in public locations, so you can’t see where I live!
The map is also zoomable (not Zumaville!) and scrollable, you can also drag the little man onto the map to see the street view. It’ll even plot your track dots on the streetview, as you can see in the attached image where one of our users was spending a lot of time in a park.
Well that’s about it. Enjoy, and let others enjoy seeing where you’ve been!